Langdale CE Primary School is now closed.
The government has closed all schools until further notice to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
How to stay safe
- Guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection
- Guidance on social distancing and for vulnerable people
- Stay at home advice
- How to wash your hands - NHS
The most important thing individuals can do to protect themselves is to wash their hands more often, for at least 20 seconds, with soap and water. Public Health England recommends that in addition to handwashing before eating, and after coughing and sneezing, everyone should also wash hands after using toilets and whenever you return home.
Advice for parents
The government has produced new guidance for parents and carers during the closure of schools. It is available here. The guidance is clear: If it is at all possible for your child to be at home, then they should be.
- If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, some childcare provision will be available to them.
- Parents should not rely on vulnerable groups for childcare – the elderly or those with underlying conditions.
- Children and adults should follow social distancing
To find out what we are doing to support with education, please go to our Home Learning page for links to a wide variety of learning. Those families that need support will be contacted regularly by a member of staff. If you need to contact school, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will continue to update you whenever we can via email and the website.
Thank you for your continued support.
Mrs R Underwood